Setting the foundation for a successful digital badge program
Gain an understanding of how to navigate the course, terminology, digital badge anatomy, identifying credentialing opportunities and identifying where badging can add value to your business.
Learn from the most trusted names in the digital badge industry
David Leaser is the co-founder of the Digital Badge Academy. David is the founder of the one of the world’s leading-edge digital credential programs and has nearly 40 years experience developing training programs and IT programs.
Jim Daniels has more than 20 years in education and credential program development. He is broadly recognized for his work and expertise in digital credentialing and badge program development and operations, backed by an an extensive background in technology and education services strategy and execution.
The terminology that surrounds the practice of digital credentialing can sometimes be confusing and can easily lead to challenges understanding the value digital badges can provide to an organization. This course will provide you with clear definitions and applications of common credentialing terms. You will understand what makes up the anatomy of a digital badge along with the types of credentials that can be represented by a digital badge. You will learn how to develop use cases, develop a progression strategy and how to apply stackable credentials for increasing your program’s value. Everything covered in this course will set the foundation for creating a program which is “future proof” and ideally aligned to your existing and future credentialing needs.
- NHow to use essential features to get the most value from this course
- NExpand your understanding of the language of digital credentialing
- NDiscover what kind of data lives inside a digital badge
- NApply incremental badging strategies to promote learning progression
Lessons in this Course
- NNavigating to ensure you get the most value from your learning experience.
- NHow flip cards and lesson quizzes and downloadable worksheets and templates work
- NHow to access links to valuable reference materials
- NHow to schedule coaching hours with the instructors
- NHow to earn your professional certificate is also provided in this lesson
What is a Digital Badge
- NWhat is a digital badge?
- NWhy Open Badges?
- NWhat is inside a badge?
- NWhat are credentials?
- NDigital badges vs. certifications and certificates
- NHow does it work?
- NAnatomy of a badge: The complete visual overview
- NHow do Open Standards work?
The business value of badges
- NHow to understand and describe the value of badges to an organization
- NHow to develop use cases
- NHow to develop a progression strategy
- NHow stackable credentials programs will increase your programs value
- NEight benefits of an incremental badge program
- NHow to create a program which is "future proof" and aligned to your existing and future needs