Implementation and Setup
Learn from the most trusted names in the digital badge industry
David Leaser is the co-founder of the Digital Badge Academy. David is the founder of the one of the world’s leading-edge digital credential programs and has nearly 40 years experience developing training programs and IT programs.
Jim Daniels has more than 20 years in education and credential program development. He is broadly recognized for his work and expertise in digital credentialing and badge program development and operations, backed by an extensive background in technology and education services strategy and execution.
Should you buy or build your own badging service? How will you support your issuers and earners? Does badge emblem design really matter? What about data privacy, and what are some of the things to consider if issuing badges as part of a partnership arrangement? You will learn essential considerations such as badging platform cost and scalability as well as infrastructure needs to facilitate a central knowledge hub to serve your stakeholders. You will gain a solid understanding of what goes into badge emblem design along with the five primary design considerations that should be factored into a digital badge program visual design language strategy. Also learn how to deal with data privacy compliance and key considerations when establishing strategic credentialing partnerships with outside organizations.
- NDecide between buying or building the systems needed to issue digital badges
- NPlan a self-service digital badging support resource
- NApply best practices for creating visual impact through badge emblem design
- NExpand digital badging through 3rd party alliances and partnerships
Lessons in this Course
Platform and infrastructure
- NWhat elements you must consider
- NBuild vs. buy
- NBenefits of Open Standards
- NWhy your platform should be brand neutral
Self-service portal design
- NEstablishing the rationale
- NDefine your audience
- NElements of a good portal design
- NPromoting the portal
Badge design language
- NEstablishing your definitions
- NCreate a visual guide
- NDefine customization guidelines
- NElements of a data privacy agreement
- NEnsure data privacy is prioritized
Partnerships and alliances
- NWho can you partner with?
- NWhat type of relationships you might have
- NWhat agreements should you have?
- NBadging considerations
- NPartner management