Protecting your privacy
Our Privacy Philosophy
Digital Badge Academy LLC is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
We want you to have the best possible experience when you visit our website. This means more than providing you accurate and complete information. It also means assuring you that personally identifiable information you share with us will remain confidential.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. This policy explains what information we collect from you and how we use, share, and safeguard it.
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 13 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Digital Badge Academy, Digital Badge Academy LLC, or DBA.
What Information We Collect
- You can browse the unsecured areas of our website without telling us who you are or without providing any personally identifiable information.
- We do not invade your privacy by using technology like “spyware” to secretly gather personally identifiable information about you.
- We use both session and permanent cookies to help us keep track of your activity on our website and make your navigation more efficient. When you close your browser, session cookies are automatically erased from your computer’s temporary memory.
- If you choose to use certain features or services we offer, you will need to give us some personally identifiable information. You always have the right not to use a particular feature or service and to withhold personally identifiable information.
- If you use our referral program, you will be providing us personally identifiable information about people you know.
How We Use Personally Identifiable Information
- We do not sell, lease, or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties for their marketing or advertising purposes.
- We use personally identifiable information primarily to provide you better service on our website.
- We use personally identifiable information to obtain additional information from third parties to determine your creditworthiness when you request an increase to your business credit line.
- Sometimes we use personally identifiable information to notify you of products and services that meet your needs. We always give you the opportunity, however, to tell us what type of emails, if any, you wish to receive from us.
- By emailing us or calling us for information or assistance or by purchasing a product or service, you are giving us your explicit consent to email you or call you to provide requested information or assistance or to determine whether Digtal Badge Academy meets your particular needs.
How We Share Personally Identifiable Information
- We disclose your personally identifiable information to our service providers to allow them to perform certain business functions. Our service providers are restricted from using personally identifiable information for any purpose other than to provide the services they are contracted to perform.
- We disclose to our business affiliates only your personally identifiable information required for accounting purposes. Our business affiliates have agreed not to use your personal information in any other way, which includes marketing and promoting their products and services, without your explicit consent.
- We disclose your name (and sometimes your contact information) to some individuals in certain situations (e.g., when you refer a business colleague to us, when you add someone in your organization to your Company Account).
- If we use your input or feedback for marketing or other business purposes, we will not disclose your name without your explicit consent.
- We may share certain personally identifiable information with third parties, such as law enforcement or government agencies, as required or permitted by law.
How We Safeguard Your Personally Identifiable Information
- We use physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the security, confidentiality, and integrity of your personally identifiable information.
- Whenever you enter one of our secured areas of our website, we use certain security measures that allow us to identify you and to prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information.
- Our service providers and business affiliates have agreed to maintain the confidentiality and security of any personally identifiable information they are provided.
- We always give you the opportunity to review, correct, update, or delete personally identifiable information you have provided.
What Information We Collect
We automatically receive non-identifiable information when you visit our website.
When you visit our site, our web server automatically logs the following information, which cannot be used to identify you personally:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer (the numeric representation of your computer’s connection to the Internet, which cannot identify you)
- The type and version of the browser and operating system you are using
- The date and time you access our website
- The particular pages you visit on our website
- If applicable, the name of the domain from which you linked directly to our website
We use the above non-identifiable information, which is not linked to personally identifiable information, to gather and analyze aggregated data for improving our website and making it more useful to our visitors.
We also use certain third-party tracking services such as, Google® Analytics, Google® Tag Manager, Facebook© Pixels and LinkedIn© Insight Tags, which employ cookies to gather non-identifiable, aggregated information (e.g., IP address, browser type, operating system, pages viewed) that we analyze to determine website usage trends.
We collect information about your activity on our website through cookies and Web beacons.
We use both session and permanent cookies to store certain types of information that cannot identify you. Session cookies (also called transient cookies) are automatically erased from your computer’s temporary memory when you close your browser. Permanent cookies, which are stored on your hard drive, are available until a specified expiration date.
Cookies are special messages in text files that are sent to your computer by our server. Each time you request a page from us, these messages are sent back to our server. Cookies cannot collect any information from your hard drive, cannot be used to find out anything about you, and cannot be used to spread computer viruses. In addition, we do not link the information stored in cookies to any personally identifiable information that you provide to us.
Helping us to keep track of your activity, cookies allow you to have a more enjoyable and productive experience on our website. They make it possible to:
- Login to your account
- Navigate our website more efficiently
- View customized pages that relate to your interests and needs
- Keep track of items placed in your shopping cart
- Partially complete a form and return later to finish it
- Provide you with information about items you may be interested in
Typically browsers are set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to reject cookies or to warn you when cookies are being sent. However, if you disable cookies on your browser, you will not be able to:
- Login to your account
- Browse our website efficiently
- Use certain features on our website
- Use our shopping cart and submit an online order
Our Web pages contain electronic images known as “Web beacons” (sometimes called single-pixel GIFs), which are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics. Such statistics help us determine how our site is used and may be used by analyzing which emails and links have been opened by recipients. These aggregated statistics allow us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
We collect personally identifiable information that you agree to provide.
You can browse certain unsecured areas of our website without telling us who you are or without providing any personally identifiable information. If you choose to use certain features or services we offer, however, you will need to give us personally identifiable information. You always have the option not to use a particular feature or service and to withhold personally identifiable information.
Personally identifiable information is any information that identifies you or can be used to identify, contact, or locate you. In addition, personally identifiable information includes any information from which your identification or contact information can be derived. Finally, unique information (e.g., personal profile, unique identifier), which by itself cannot be used to identify an individual, is considered personally identifiable information if it is associated with personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information includes, but is not limited to the following: name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, social security number, financial profile, credit card information. Personally identifiable information does not include information that is collected anonymously or demographic information that is not connected to an identified individual.
You will need to provide personally identifiable information if you want to use certain features or services on our website, such as the following:
- Register as a user, thereby opening a Company Account
- Open an Administrator Account within a Company Account.
- Order a product
- Complete an information request or feedback form
- Refer business colleagues to us
- Complete a survey or questionnaire
- Send an email to us
We do not use technology like “spyware” to secretly gather personally identifiable information from you.
We do not invade your privacy by using software that collects personally identifiable information without your knowledge (i.e., spyware). We vehemently oppose the use of hidden programs that steal information from your computer and transmit it to someone else for marketing and advertising purposes.
How We Use Personally Identifiable Information
We use personally identifiable information to provide you better service on our website.
We use your personally identifiable information and other information we obtain from your activities on our website for the following purposes:
- To customize your online experience
- To deliver the services you request
- To process your transactions
- To notify you regarding the status of your transactions
- To respond to your inquiries, requests, comments, and complaints
- To notify you of matters pertaining to your account
- To notify you of changes to our website and policies
- To contact individuals you refer to us
- To maintain our records for business purposes
- To perform various activities as described to you when we collect the information
By using our website and providing us personally identifiable information, you are authorizing us to use this information for the purposes indicated above.
In addition, by emailing us or calling us for information or assistance or by purchasing one of our products or services, you are giving us your explicit consent to email you or call you to provide requested information or assistance or to determine whether Digital Badge Academy meets your particular needs.
We may use personally identifiable information to obtain additional information from third parties.
We need to request additional information from certain third parties in order to provide you certain services. If you want to increase your business credit line with us, we use your company name and D&B® DUNS Number to obtain information from credit companies such as Dun & Bradstreet® to receive a business credit report so that we can determine your creditworthiness. We keep this document as long as we maintain a business relationship with your organization. By requesting this service, you are authorizing us to use the required information provided by you for the purposes indicated above.
Sometimes we use personally identifiable information to notify you of products and services that may meet your needs.
Your personally identifiable information may be used from time to time:
- To inform you about our products and services that may be of interest to you
- To notify you of new and improved products and services that may meet your needs
- To notify you of promotional discounts and special product offers that may be of interest to you
You agree that we may use your personally identifiable information to send you emails regarding our products and services and other information targeted to your interests.
You are allowed to select the types of email notifications you want to receive from us, or to opt out of receiving any future emails, at the time you register with us. You may opt out of receiving emails from us at any time by updating your email notification preferences in your account. In other words, you always have the opportunity to tell us not to send you these emails.
How We Share Personally Identifiable Information
We do not sell, lease, or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties for their marketing or advertising purposes.
We believe selling, leasing, or renting personally identifiable information without your knowledge is a deplorable infringement on privacy. As a consulting firm that has always safeguarded confidential information provided by our clients, we treat your privacy very seriously.
We require our service providers to maintain the confidentiality and security of personally identifiable information.
We establish business relationships with third parties that provide certain services on our behalf (i.e., service providers). These services may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Processing credit card and financial information
- Verifying membership in certain organizations, which qualifies customers to receive discounts on our products
- Obtaining authorization for customers to use certain products
- Providing service or technical support to our customers
- Responding to inquiries and requests for information regarding our products and services
It is necessary to disclose personally identifiable information to our service providers to allow them to perform certain business functions, such as providing information you requested. These service providers have agreed to maintain the confidentiality and security of any personally identifiable information they are provided. They are restricted from using personally identifiable information for any purpose other than to provide the services they are contracted to perform.
We disclose certain personally identifiable information to our business affiliates.
We market and sell certain products developed or owned by other organizations (i.e., our business affiliates). We work with our business affiliates to offer you a broad array of products for meeting your needs.
We disclose to our business affiliates only the personally identifiable information that is required for accounting purposes. This information typically includes your name and address, what you bought, and the dollar amount of the purchase.
Like service providers, our business affiliates have agreed to maintain the confidentiality and security of any personally identifiable information they are provided. They have also agreed not to use your personally identifiable information in any other way, which includes marketing and promoting their products and services, without your explicit consent.
We disclose certain personally identifiable information to some individuals.
When you want us to add an administrator to your Company Account, we need to inform the individual that you made the request. We also provide your contact information to this individual in case he/she has any questions about the Company Account.
We may use your input and feedback for various business purposes.
By emailing us or completing a survey, questionnaire, course, or any other data-gathering device on our website, you agree that we have the unrestricted right to use your input and feedback for any purpose. Your input and feedback include your questions, comments, suggestions, and responses to open-ended and closed-ended questions. Your input and feedback used for marketing or other business purposes will remain anonymous (i.e., we will not disclose your first and last name unless you give us permission to do so).
We may disclose personally identifiable information for legal purposes.
We may share personally identifiable information with third parties (e.g., law enforcement agencies, government agencies, banks, credit card companies, credit card processors) as required or permitted by law. We will disclose personally identifiable information for the following legal purposes:
- To comply with search warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and other legal procedures
- To report suspected illegal activity, such as fraud, intellectual property infringement, and piracy
- To prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss
We will use our sole discretion to release personally identifiable information to third parties if we believe that such disclosure is reasonably necessary for:
- Legal compliance
- Enforcement of any of our policies
- Protection of the rights, property, and safety of our visitors, customers, business affiliates, or organization
How We Safeguard Personally Identifiable Information
Our main business is to give you helpful information based on information you provide to us. Since your personally identifiable information is highly important to us, we use physical, technological, and administrative procedures to safeguard its security, confidentiality, and integrity. We apply widely used, recognized industry standards to keep your personal information safe and secure. In addition, only authorized personnel have access to our databases. We use various techniques such as HTTPS and SSL to protect your personally identifiable information against unauthorized access and disclosure, loss, and theft. We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
The SSL technology we use protects your personally identifiable information.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology every time you provide or access personally identifiable information in the secured areas on our website. This standard security technology encrypts information transmitted over the Internet between your computer and our servers. Encryption makes it possible to have a “secured session” or “private conversation.” The encrypted link between our servers and your browser prevents unauthorized individuals from seeing the information being transmitted.
You need to meet the following technical requirements to be able to benefit from the SSL technology we use:
- SSL-Compatible Browser – You need to use a browser that supports SSL, such as Netscape Navigator®, Mozilla Firefox®, and Microsoft Internet Explorer®. Some older versions of browsers are not SSL-compatible. We recommend that you use the latest browser version available.
- Compliant Internet Service Provider (ISP) – Most ISPs automatically enable SSL sessions that safeguard your personally identifiable information. If you use your company’s intranet to access the Internet, a “firewall” installed on your network may block access to our secured areas. If you encounter this problem, please notify the person responsible for Internet access in your organization.
- Enabled Cookies – If you have disabled cookies on your browser, you will not be able to provide or access personally identifiable information on our website.
We ensure the legitimacy and safety of our website.
We want you to be confident that your personally identifiable information, including credit card information, remains private and secure. Therefore, we have received an SSL Certificate from a major international certification authority.
Our SSL Certificate guarantees that:
- We have been validated as a legitimate business and a legally accountable organization.
- You have a secured, encrypted link to our website every time you see the gold padlock in the toolbar of your browser.
To ensure that your personally identifiable information remains confidential, we require you to enter your user name and password every time you login to the secured areas of our website. This additional security measure allows us to identify you and to prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information. We recommend that you use a password that other people cannot easily guess. We also recommend that you keep your password secret and never share it with anyone.
We always give you the option to “logout” to end a secured session.
After you login and are finished using one of our secured areas, we recommend that you immediately end the secured session by clicking on “Logout,” which appears on every page of our website. This practice prevents unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information.
Keep in mind that browser software often “caches” pages. This means that some pages are saved in your browser’s history so that you can view them again by using the “Back” button. Caching does not affect the security of your user name and password. If you need to leave your computer after accessing or providing personally identifiable information on our website, be sure to close your browser to prevent unauthorized access to this information.
Remember that even the best online security may not always protect your personal information.
Due to the regulatory environment and problems with existing technology, we cannot promise that your personally identifiable information or email communications will always remain confidential. For example, under certain circumstances a law enforcement or government agency may force us to disclose your personally identifiable information, or someone may unlawfully intercept or access your Internet transmissions or email communications. Despite all our best efforts to protect your personally identifiable information, please remember that “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet.
Other Privacy Matters
We meet the requirements of the Canadian Privacy Act and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation.
We follow the “10 Principles of Fair Information Practices” described in Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“Canadian Privacy Act”) and the framework outlined by European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Not only do we uphold these principles, but we also ensure that our service providers and business affiliates abide by these standards, which are summarized as follows:
- Obtain your consent when we collect, use, or disclose your personally identifiable information
- Use your personally identifiable information only for the purposes for which it was collected
- Obtain your consent to use your personally identifiable information for other purposes
- Limit the collection, use, disclosure, and retention of your personally identifiable information
- Provide you access to your personally identifiable information that we collect
- Use acceptable techniques to maintain the accuracy of your personally identifiable information
- Allow you to challenge the accuracy of your personally identifiable information
- Use acceptable safeguards to protect your personally identifiable information
- Permit you to delete your personally identifiable information
Keep in mind that other websites linked to our website have their own privacy policies.
Our website may contain links to other websites. If you use these websites, please keep in mind that you are subject to their privacy policies. Since the privacy policies of websites vary widely, we encourage you to read these policies and to exercise care each time you provide personally identifiable information on any website.
We give you an opportunity to review, correct, update, or delete the personally identifiable information you provide.
You may always cancel your account with us at any time. In addition, if you have registered with us, you may always review, correct, update, or delete personally identifiable information in your account. For security reasons, we will not be able to modify your personally identifiable information if you email or call us with such a request.
We do not market to children or solicit personally identifiable information from children.
We market our products and services only to adults. No part of our website is designed to attract any person under the age of 13. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13
We will notify you of any organizational changes affecting your personally identifiable information.
If an organizational change at GreatBizTools, LLC (e.g., merger, acquisition by another company, sale of assets) affects ownership or control of your personally identifiable information, we will notify you of any such change via email and/or prominent notice on our website.
Upon your request, we will cancel your account and no longer provide services.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Upon your request, we will delete your personally identifiable information.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you cancel your account and request that we no longer store your personally identifiable information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your non-personally identifiable information as necessary to comply with our business operations, conduct research and enforce our agreements.